lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

My Indecisiveness

It’s hard to make up my mind when I’m asked to describe my favorite weather or season. I think every single season and all kinds of weather bring up a lot of memories. Good and bad memories. I like them all for different reasons. I think the one I enjoy the most is winter, or maybe its summer. I have a hassle deciding which one I like the most, so I should list and reason them all.  I’ll start with winter. I love Winter. Christmas is here, my birthday is here, and cold weather is here. I love cold weather. There`s mittens and scarves and boots and jackets. That amazing feeling when you can stay indoors and all you’ll ever need is a blanket and a cup full of hot cocoa. During winter, we also have those big and beautifully decorated Christmas trees, that pine smell and delicious roasted marshmallows, I could go on and on. I guess you could say this is one of the seasons I enjoy the most, since I believe Christmas is the nicest time of the year, and also the most expected one. Winter also reminds me of vacation time, that so anticipated time for everyone when we can just take a break from everything. 
Next is spring! Beginnings! Oh yes beginnings J Guatemala is always full of colorful flowers, and I think it’s just another thing we should learn to appreciate from our country. Their colors and their scent are amazing. Also, the smell of fresh cut grass (even though we all hate the big noise our gardener makes while cutting the grass) and the morning smell. I love seeing the sun when I wake up and hearing all those birds chirping outside my house and something about that puts me in a better mood. This is another thing the whole world takes for granted, since we see it everything and people think its just nothing new. I like the warmer weather spring brings.
Summer!! There’s something about the time when nicer, sunny weather rolls around that people are much more pleasant and so much easier to get along with. Again waking up to the sound of birds chirping. They’re so darn adorable. It’s a reminder that it’s summertime and not freezing outside. Eating your favorite ice cream at any time of the day is just not something you can do during the winter. For some reason, everything orange tastes better. Orange slushies, orange ice pops, orange juice!  Being able to wear a sweater with shorts at night. I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved this. Everyone also enjoys the beach! Photography during the summer, the water, sprinklers, everyone going around without a care in the world. Half year vacations are here, flip flops, and sandals! It’s a really fun season in which everything just seems much more enjoyable!

I wish Guatemala had Autumn though, I wish I we had a season in which yellow, and bright red leaves fell across the street. Im aware that during autumn, snuggly jumpers, hats and gloves are worn. You can also smell richly scented candles of spices, hot chocolate, cookies, pumpking pie and candy. Warmth and comfort would describe autumn perfectly. Walking or running into a dry pile of leaves.Bonfires and fireworks during late October. I think this would be my favorite season if it ever existed in my country.

I guess every season just brings memories, and some seasons bring out the best in people. I remember sitting in my dining room this past Saturday, and suddenly getting that “I want to go on a trip” kind of mood. So after thinking how it was so weird that this thought came to my mind so suddenly and wondering why was it happening, I realized it was because of the weather. The whole sunny but also a little windy and cold weather reminds me of the times I`ve gone on a trip. Now I know why I felt and thought like that all of the sudden, and I kind of liked it since it reminded me of vacation time all of the sudden. It resembled the kind of weather we have in Guatemala during November (even though we are at September).

So after listing all the types of weather and every season, and reasoning them out, I still cant make up my mind. Every single season has something unique about it.

Again, my indecisiveness.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario