lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

A Soaked Drama

When I’m asked to write about a childhood experience or my favorite childhood memory I can only come up with one thing. As a child, I did a bunch of ridiculous things (that I know regret since my siblings keep on making fun of me) and a lot of pranks to every single member of my family, I also whined about almost everything I was told to do. Yes, I was one crazy child and a walking disaster, and in my opinion after all this time, that hasn’t changed much. I think one of the funniest things I’ve ever done as a child (or probably the most memorable one) is when I broke the bathroom sink. I can remember everything clearly about that day and the images are at the top of my head. It was a typical Sunday morning in my house, and we were getting ready to go out on a swimming trip. My mom asked me to go take a shower and I, being a kid, a shower wasn’t one of my favorite things to do. It was more fun for me to go play with my siblings or play with my favorite toys. So after a few hours of avoiding my mom who kept telling me I needed to shower, she got fed up and trapped me in the bathroom. I started crying and whining about how I refused to take a shower, and asking her to let me keep playing. She was so mad and annoyed by my whining that she tried to pull me towards the shower. I got a hold of the first thing near me, the tower holder. My mom kept pulling me, trying to get me to get a shower, but I was so stubborn that I didn’t let the towel holder go. She finally yelled at me “You’re going to break that thing, get in the shower!!” So I let go of the towel holder and hung into the sink. By this moment my mom was fuming mad and I wasn’t too happy either. I kept hanging into the sink so tightly and my mom kept pulling me with all her strength that finally the sink broke into a million pieces and water started coming out. Everything happened so fast and when I looked down and saw the whole mess I did I kept thinking “OH OH my mom is going to kill me!!” A broken sink and my mom screaming at me called my father’s attention and that’s when I really got terrified. My dad of course wasn’t very happy at the sight. My mom was trying to cover the hole where a bunch of water came out with her finger and the water kept splashing all over her face. Now that I remember how that looked I can’t help but laugh at it. It was one funny scene. So after my dad saw the whole mess, I took off running into the maid’s room (random place, I know) and kept weeping over the whole mess I had done and thinking “What am I going to do now?” After a while my dad came in and started scolding me and yelling at me over the whole mess. Even my siblings got mad at me since we were going swimming and my dad canceled the whole swimming trip (this was a big thing for me and my siblings at the time). My family keeps reminding me of this and I don’t think they will ever let me forget it, but I probably wouldn’t be able to leave this memory behind. Every time I tell someone the story, I tell them how that sink was in extreme need for a change and we got a new one which was way prettier J( yay me!) When I remember this soaked drama, I wonder why I couldn’t just take a shower in the first place or how could I be so stupid not to guess the sink would obviously broke! Fortunately my parents laugh it out now and even joke about it and how it went from being this horrible, traumatic moment to a memory that me and my family cherish and will stay in our minds forever.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario